Little Free Libraries, Coeur d'Alene, ID Update

Take a Book, Leave a Book – Coeur d’Alene, ID Update

Take a book, leave a book—that’s what the Little Free Libraries are all about—sharing books. It seems like these libraries are popping up like popcorn in Coeur d’Alene!  I just found four more. How exciting!  (Click here to see original post)
317 W. Mill Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID.  This library is awesome and my photo doesn't do it justice.  It matches the beautiful house and the topper is that the house and library have matching whimsical pine cone rain chains hanging from them! The library has a nice selection of books, and there's a bench right next to it.  Here’s what steward, Kim, wrote about her library on the Little Free Library map locator:

Besides brushing my teeth, reading is the only thing I do every day. I have an extensive personal library and have always delighted in sharing books with others, so becoming an LFL Steward was the next right thing. My partner, Tom, and I bought and have been renovating the house in which I was raised, and he designed and built our LFL to resemble our home, including his original pine cone rain chain. Our grand opening was July 2nd, 2015, and we are both looking forward to the next chapter.



Library has moved to:
283 North Hubbard St, Coeur d’Alene, ID.  This striking library is owned by a business called Gizmo-CDA a Makerspace, which is a creative community workspace where people of all ages can build and experiment while sharing tools and ideas. I love the design and the blue set against the orange background.  This library mainly offers a mix of kids and adult books. (Gizmo-CDA.org)

5th and Wallace, Coeur d’Alene, ID at the St Luke's church parking lot. This big roomy library offers books for adults and children alike.
11th and Boyd, Coeur d’Alene, ID. This little guy has a license plate roof and sits on a stool. This library is not registered with the Little Free Library organization, but it’s fun just the same. I can't remember what book I left here, but I won't forget that I took a chewed up version of A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. What a funny book!!  Loved it.  My husband read it and loved it, too!  In fact, he became a real Bryson fan reading more and more of his books. Bryson is becoming his go-to author, just like Sidney Sheldon and Isabel Allende were for my mom. Besides a Walk in the Woods, my husband also has read and has given thumbs-up to In a Sunburned Country, Notes from a Small Island, and Neither Here, Nor There.
Not in Coeur d’Alene?   Not to worry.  There are Little Free Libraries everywhere.  Click below to find one in your area.

Happy Reading,
Annette


Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the little free libraries also. My sister finds them and brings me by each one so I'm sure to see them. I just love that, it's so fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus

The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick

All the Broken Places by John Boyne