His Majesty’s Hope by Susan Elia MacNeal

Maggie, the Magnificent

His Majesty’s Hope by Susan Elia MacNeal.   Maggie, a member of the elite British Special Ops Executive, is sent on a mission to Nazi-controlled Berlin in 1941. Her first assignment is extremely dangerous especially for a female spy. It’s something she’s trained extensively for, but what happens when training meets reality?

I found this book in a Little Free Library and I’m glad I did. This is an exciting mystery wrapped in history.  In this fast, action-packed book, I got lost in Maggie’s daring adventure while being reminded of the unthinkable horrors of the Holocaust. The author commingles fictional characters with historical figures in a way that brings history to life like no text book can.  Yes, it’s fiction, but events ring true with obviously well-researched, heart-wrenching realities. I found the book smart, informative, and exciting—hard to put down.

This book is part of the Maggie Mystery series.  And while I’m not a fan of any series, my book club ironically has picked another “Maggie” book for future reading. But now, I’m looking forward to the next escapade with Maggie in “Mrs. Roosevelt’s Confidante.”  Look for the review in spring 2016.

This book met one of my 2016 Reading Challenges:  Leave and/or take a book from a Little Free Library.

Happy Reading,
Annette



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the Broken Places by John Boyne

The Little Italian Hotel by Phaedra Patrick

Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus